Today my sweet husband turns 29.
TWO – NINE. Twenty-nine big ones. Almost thirty. This would be fun to tease him about if I wasn’t already twenty-nine. Darn – haha.
I had originally planned to write a big ‘ole love letter to Jeremy in this post but for some reason, the words aren’t flowing. So instead, I’m going to post 29 things I like about you, Mr. Sporza. (seriously Ivan, I love you for this nickname.)
I LOVE ….
1. … how cute you look in this photo.
2. … when you don’t shave and you get that cute scruff like you have in this picture.
3. … that you took out your earring BEFORE we got married. (ha!)
4. … that you know what a DRG is.
5. … how hard you work for us, every single day.
6. … how loyal you are. You are the most devoted person I know.
7. … when you say, “Oh, you Smith ladies …” because I know that aside from our craziness, you love us all for who we are.
8. … that you let me get Madi, even though you didn’t want a dog, and how hard you worked to get used to her. You are the best dog daddy ever.
9. … that you continue to fly with me even though I am CRAZY scared and need drugs and alcohol to board any flight.
10. … that you are the single reason I started my business. I couldn’t have done it without you.
11. … the first gift you ever gave me. I still look at it sometimes.
12. … how much you really love my family and how good you are to them.
13. … that my nana used to call you Derk – behind your back of course. She loved your muscles (and I do, too.)
14. … that you never played baseball as a child. This just makes me giggle.
15. … how handsome you look when you play golf. Talk about deliciousness.
16. … how you let me keep the heat up so high even though you are sweating and miserable all winter. You know I’m always cold.
17. … that you NEVER ever keep a compliment in. I feel like you are constantly showering me with nice things you think about me.
18. … that you’ve let me take over the house with all my things and decorate any way that I want.
19. … that we both love France together SO MUCH.
20. … that we can dream big together. All the time. About everything.
21. … how seriously hot you are. I mean, c’mon. Really? I still can’t believe you picked me.
22. … that you are the cleanest person I know but still leave your shoes around the house everywhere. When I trip over your loafers, it makes me miss you while you are at work.
23. … that you get as excited as I do about Dexter, Walking Dead and our favorite night-time show.
24. … that you always know how to calm me down and that when you look at me, I immediately feel safe.
25. … that you encouraged me to ski. This is one of my favorite things to do together.
26. … that you have pie charts and excel sheets for our life. Gotta love the excel-sheet-of-life.
27. … that you’ve become so much handier since we got married. You’ve got quite a nice tool collection now.
28. … the smile you give me when you see me waiting at the train station to pick you up.
29 … every.single.thing.about.you. (even when you’re cranky.)